|Ivan Titov ⋅ Иван Титов |
Institute for Logic, Language and Computation
University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
2.03, Building F, Science Park 107, 1098XG Amsterdam (Note: *not* Building F in 904) |
|Postal address: ||
Institute for Logic Language and Computation, Universiteit van Amsterdam |
P.O. Box 94242
1090GE Amsterdam, Netherlands
|| titov (at) uva.nl
|Phone: ||+31 20 525 8334
I am an associate professor (UHD) in the Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC) at the
University of Amsterdam (UvA). Before UvA, I was a junior faculty member at the Saarland University and a postdoc at UIUC.
My research interests are in natural language processing (incl. semantics and syntax) and machine learning.
My research is supported by personal grants (ERC Starting grant and NWO VIDI), as well as industrial funding (incl. Google and SAP).
I am an action editor for the journal of machine learning research (JMLR),
Transactions of ACL (TACL) and a member of editorial board of JAIR.
My other professional services include being an area chair for
at ACL 2016, EMNLP 2014, EACL 2012 and ICLR 2017,
a senior PC member for IJCAI 2011
as well as (regularly) a PC member / reviewer at ACL, ICML, NIPS, NAACL, EMNLP, CL journal, JAIR, TACL
News / Activities:
06/2016: Giving invited talks at NAACL 2016 workshops (W. on Multilingual and Crosslingual NLP and W. on Graph-based methods for NLP) and at a Conference on Computational and Methdological Statistics
01/2016: Program co-chair for *SEM 2016
11/2015: Awarded an ERC Starting Grant: Broad Coverage Semantic Parsing (BroadSem)
08/2015: An Amazon machine learning research grant: AWS will be used to support our research on semantic parsing
06/2015: I received the personal NWO VIDI grant
06/2015: New collaborations with Yandex and SAP (together with Max Welling. Several PhD students to join the group
05/2015: Funding for the Google Focused Research Award project is extended for 2016
[See old news]
- Post-docs: Phong Le
and Diego Marcheggiani
- Ph.D. students:
Ashutosh Modi, Ehsan Khoddam, Anton Frolov, Sergii Gavrylov, Michael Schlichtkrull,
Joost Bastings (co-supervisor with Khalil Sima'an),
Hoang Cuong (co-supervisor with Khalil Sima'an), Carlos Vaquero (co-supervisor with Henkjan Honing).
- Past members: Mikhail Kozhevnikov (Ph.D. student, now at Google),
Alex Klementiev (post-doc, now at Amazon),
Minwoo Jeong (post-doc, now at Microsoft), Binod Bhattarai (Master's, now at Uni Caen), Lea Frermann (Master's, now at Edinburgh U),
Angeliki Lazaridou (Master's, now at Trento U.), Milos Ercegovcevic (Master's), Dima Miliaev (Master's, now at Queen Mary UL), Jesus Calvillo
(Master's, now at Saarland U.)
Recent publications (Full list)
Modeling Semantic Expectations: Using Script Knowledge for Referent Prediction
Ashutosh Modi, Ivan Titov, Vera Demberg, Asad Sayeed and Manfred Pinkal
To Appear in Transactions of Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL) 2016.
For the full list of papers (incl. older articles) follow this link.
Recent teaching (Full list)
Previous Affiliations / Education
- Head of a Research Group / Junior Faculty (W2) at the Saarland University, Oct 2009 - Aug 2013
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Feb 2008 - Sep 2009 (working with Dan Roth)
- Ph.D. student (Research and Teachning Assistant) at University of Geneva, Nov 2003 - Jan 2008 (advised by James Henderson)
- Research Intern at Google (New York), Jul - Sep 2007 (with Ryan McDonald)
- Visiting Student at University of Edinburgh, Sep - Oct 2006
- MSc student in Applied Mathematics, St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Russia, 2001 - 2003 (advised by Nikolai Vassiliev)
- BSc student in Applied Mathematics, St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Russia, 1997 - 2001