Practical assignment must be delivered on Blackboard.
- You will work preferably in a group of three students (min. two students - permission of assistants needed)
on the programming assignments.
- Deliver your assignments as described in the assignment description
in two separate attachments
- Your program in the first attachment.
- If your programs consists of multiple files then tar.gz them all with
a README file describing what each file does exactly.
- If your code (preferably in Python or Java, as agreed with TA) must be understandable
- Please comply to the command line format described in the assignment description.
- Do NOT include the corpus data files!
- As second attachment you deliver a PDF file report consisting of:
- For Steps 1-3 max. 2 x A4. For Step 4, where all steps come together
into an application: a full report of max. 4 x A4 pages where you
may reuse and merge written parts of the preceding 3 steps.
- The standard title of course, assignment number, date,
your name and student number.
- Your description of the work done structured in report form (introduction,
problem description, approach, results, conclusion).
- A brief description of how your program code is structured, which
algorithms you use and why is it correct or better than any more
common alternatives (if relevant).
- An example call of the program. We suggest to comply as much as possible with
<myprog> -[a|b|c|d|...|help] <filename>
- Grading the assignments: Steps 1-3 (pass/fail), Step 4 a grade for the total
project where the pass/fail grades are integrated.